- What is the format for UNC CAUSE this year?
- How do I see the full schedule and access conference sessions?
- Who is the Keynote Speaker this year?
- What apps do I need for the conference?
- I will miss the in-person networking at UNC CAUSE. How can I connect with colleagues this year?
- What is a SIG?
- Will there be Unconference sessions?
- Will the sessions be captioned?
- Will the sessions be recorded, and how can I access them?
- Which vendors are sponsoring 2021 UNC CAUSE?
- Is UNC CAUSE on social media?
- I still need assistance. Where do I get help?
- How do I get involved next year?
- What does CAUSE stand for?
What is the format for UNC CAUSE this year?
UNC CAUSE will be held virtually this year in lieu of our usual 3-day, in-person event. It is being held over a 2-week period from October 5th until October 14th. All sessions will be held via Zoom. This is the set schedule for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week (times listed in EDT):
- Attendee Presentations @ 9AM, 10AM, & 1PM
- Vendor Presentations @ 11AM, 2PM, & 2:30PM
- Special Interest Group Sessions @ 3PM (exception on 10/5 @ 4PM)
How do I see the full schedule and access conference sessions?
Conference registration is required, and you must have a Sched account that has been invited to the 2021 UNC CAUSE Conference event (occurs after you individually register for conference). Full session details are limited to conference registrants to securely share Zoom links. All 5 steps below must be completed to join any conference session:
- Register for 2021 UNC CAUSE — through Iris system as an individual
- Wait to receive a Sched invitation — a manual process done each weekday by the conference team
- Sign up/log into your Sched account for the 2021 UNC CAUSE event — must match the email you used to register for 2021 UNC CAUSE in step 1
- Select a session on the Sched Schedule and click the yellow “Open Zoom” button — must be logged into your Sched account
- Register for the individual Zoom session to access the Zoom join link — this is sent via email and is an automated instantaneous process
Registered late? We’ll continue to add registrants to Sched throughout the conference as quickly as possible.
Who is the Keynote Speaker this year?
What apps do I need for the conference?
We will use these apps for 2021 UNC CAUSE:
- Sched: A Sched account is required to view full schedule details to register for a Zoom session. You must register for the conference to be invited to the Sched conference event. You can add sessions that interest you to your own Sched account and access the Zoom session details. Note: New conference registrants are being added to Sched each weekday. Thank you for your patience as this is a manual process.
- Zoom: All conference sessions will be held over Zoom. Download the Zoom client before your first session.
- Slack: Connect with UNC CAUSE attendees through conversations on Slack! Create an account if you don’t have one already, browse the multiple topics, and join the #2021-conference Slack channel!
I will miss the in-person networking at UNC CAUSE. How can I connect with colleagues this year?
We will miss seeing everyone in person this year too, but don’t worry! There are multiple ways to connect with IT colleagues across the UNC System for UNC CAUSE this year.
- Update your Sched profile and find other conference attendees.
- Engage in conversation on Slack and join the #2021-conference Slack channel!
- Join the #2021-unconference Slack channel to find and schedule times to meet with UNC CAUSE attendees who share your interests!
- Join SIGs that interest you! Different SIGs will meet each conference day at 3 PM ET (exception @ 4PM on 10/5). Check the Schedule for SIG sessions.
- We hope to have local in-person meetups and are monitoring the situation. More on this to come!
What is a SIG?
SIGs is short for Special Interest Groups. These groups are comprised of individuals from UNC CAUSE member institutions that share a common interest around a topic or technology that is prevalent across institutions. See UNC CAUSE SIGs. Different SIGs will meet each conference day at 3 PM EDT (exception @ 4PM on 10/5). Check out the Schedule to see when each SIG will meet during the conference!
Will there be Unconference sessions?
We invite you to join the #2021-unconference Slack channel to propose topics. Here you can find other UNC CAUSE attendees with shared interests to discuss topics during or even after the conference. Please note there are no designated times on the conference schedule for unconference sessions so you are welcome to schedule these discussions whenever works for you, using your own Zoom meeting or preferred meeting platform!
An unconference is a participant-driven meeting based on a topic that they would like to talk about with their peers. There is no set presentation, and unconference attendees are welcome to talk freely about the suggested topic.
Will the sessions be captioned?
Yes, all sessions will have automated live captions through Zoom. Click on the “CC Live Transcript” button in your Zoom session to show or hide subtitles.
Will the sessions be recorded, and how can I access them?
Yes, attendee presentations will be recorded. We will add more information on accessing recordings on this website after the conference has concluded.
Which vendors are sponsoring 2021 UNC CAUSE?
Thank you to our sponsors this year! Please check the Schedule to join each vendor’s presentation.
Gold Sponsors: Presentations at 11AM each conference day
- Internetwork Engineering
- NWN Carousel
Silver Sponsors: Presentations at 2:00PM and 2:30PM each conference day
- Dell Technologies
- Camcor, inc.
- Connection Public Sector Solutions
- Tripp Lite
Is UNC CAUSE on social media?
I still need assistance. Where do I get help?
How do I get involved next year?
We’d love to have you involved with UNC CAUSE next year! Please reach out to us through the Contact Us page.
What does CAUSE stand for?
CAUSE stands for College and University System Exchange. See the history of the formation of UNC CAUSE!
Where can I download the session slides template?
Here is the presenter slides template you are welcome to use. You can download the slides for editing through File > Download.
Is there a Slack channel for presenters?
Yes! Join the #2021-speakers channel.